Friday, August 31, 2007

New Day

For a change of pace I decided to switch to the construction team. We're working with Mexicans who lost all of their belongings in a recent mudslide. Together wer'e building furniture to furnish their new dwelling. Beutiful, hard working people anxious to get to know their northern neighbors.

We were a little short on tools becuase there were so many of us. I talked one of the mexican leaders into going out and trying to find a place where we could purchase more supplies. In the midst of this impoverished community, what do we come across: a Home Depot. Lord, I love my country. We bought 2 drills for about $20 each. God bless the exchange rate.

I'm blogging from my phone because the wireless connection is down at the place we're staying. When it comes back up I'll post pictures.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Blogging from your phone! Who does that??? Oh . . . wait.

Roses in December said...

Only Ulyses would do that. The master of technology - we all know that.B :)