Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Once Was Lost...


..but now I'm found.
Was blind...AND I'M STILL BLIND!

A client of mine was going out of town and his computer was acting up.
Since he lived close I told him I'd just run over and fix his problem.
In my hurry to get out the door I left my reading glasses on the counter.
I realized this half way there.
As I approached his street I forgot the house number.
I'd only been there a few times before.
No problem. I have it stored in my trusty phone.
Well, no problem if I had my glasses.

I'm squinting as hard as I can but I can't see a thing.
I try holding the phone out at arms length but all I see is a big blur.
OH SHINOLA!

I pull up to this one house that looks vaguely familiar.
I get out and knock on the door. Wrong house. D'oh!
Thank God no one is home.

I finally find his house. I start to work on the machine and I'm struggling.
"Mike", I say, "I'm going to need your help here. I can't see a thing!"
Mike laughs and together we fix his machine.

On my way home I call Blue Eyes to share the laugh.
It rings. And rings, and rings and rings. Hmmm.
That's weird. I just left her a few minutes ago.
30 seconds latter she calls me back.
First thing out of her mouth..
Honey, we're going to have to lengthen the number of rings on my phone.
The phone was in the other room and I couldn't move fast enough to get it in time.

Getting old. Ain't it grand?

No comments: