Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Facebook Newbie

After three and half years of blogging, I finally took the plunge and joined the Facebook community. Call me Johnny-Come-Lately. Not being the most social person I put it off as long as I could. Blue Eyes has been on for a while as well as many others from my circle of friends and family. It’s quite the community and as a geek I’m quite impressed with the technology that updates everyone’s “wall” when entries are made.

But I must say my eyes are hurting. There is so much to see and read it can be a bit overwhelming. Maybe it’s me and my curmudgeon-ness. But it is kind of nice to be part of an online community and to see what’s going on in the lives of friends and family.

There are some people that micro post. Teeny tiny events in their lives that occur or passing thoughts are quickly posted. Very few filters. Sort of like the Oprah and Dr. Phil combined. Yikes.

We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

patti said...

Yeah, that will wear off...its compulsively addictive at first but then you get over it!

Anonymous said...

I find it to be VERY overwelhming. Real learning curve here. Like your hair being on fire, oh wait, you wouldn't know that one would you? Now anyway.

Goes On Runs said...

i agree. i just joined too when pictures from funerals were being shared.... but i like it for the most part.