Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 2 Wrap Up

It’s late so I’ll have to keep this short.
Not many pictures tonight but I’ve got a short video.
Before you watch this video, allow me to set it up for you.

We had a very elderly woman that only spoke Zapotec. Her friend spoke Zapotec and Spanish. We then had Pilar, who is Armonia’s co-director, translating from Spanish to English. We had a 3 way translation session going so I wanted to make sure I got it on tape. She was a very sweet woman who was so overjoyed by the eye glass exam that she gave Bob a big hug. It really was an emotional moment. I had to turn away for a sec to get myself together.

But once we saw the tape, it didn’t translate (no pun intended) quite the same. It almost looks like she either became a vampire going in for a bite or wanted to give the good doctor a hickey. I don’t know. Like they say, I report, you decide.

Link: Mexico Day 2



On a different note, I only brought two pairs of pants for a 6 day trip. After packing my geek gear, that’s all I had room for. It’s the end of the second day and my pants are ready to stand up by themselves. I should be able to get one more day out of them before I move on the second pair. If you’re wondering, I did bring enough shirts, socks and skivvies. I’m just sayin’…

1 comment:

Leslie said...

well . . . you had to bring the geek gear. We all have our priorities.