Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back From The Chill

Lat week I had the opportunity to spend some time in the mountains of North Carolina. We have friends that own a cabin near Murphy and I volunteered to spend the week with my friend fixing the place up. It was a chance to break out of my normal routine only to find I really enjoy my routine. Go figure.

It was sunny the whole time I was there. The afternoon temperature got up to 66 but the mornings had me longing for the warmth of Florida. 40 degrees. I am so spoiled.

I had no phone service cause it's so far up the mountain but even worse I had no Internet.
For 5 days. Yikes! I felt lost and disconnected. I was going through withdrawal. Finally on Wednesday we found a wireless cafe.

I couldn't pull out my laptop fast enough. I was like a starving man who was finally able to get a bite to eat. I was left clicking, right clicking, double clicking and scrolling as fast as I could. I was downloading, uploading and posting. I checked my school email, personal email and various news sites to catch up. I remotely tapped into my school PC and servers because I could. I was out of control! I couldn't stop. I was getting dizzy but I had to continue for fear I would lose my connection. I hit all my favorite political and friendship blogs and at the end of it all I was exhausted. I needed a cigarette at the end of the whole thing. Whew!

North Carolina is beautiful this time of the year. I kept seeing these white blossomed trees all over the place that were amazing. I think they're called Cleveland Pear Trees.



Anyway, it's good to be back home.
And yes, I did sleep with my laptop the night I got home.
Oh yeah, I missed Blue Eyes too ;-)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

LOL, C said you were missing her. We'll do the ride next time. Miss you, buddy!

patti said...

...you needed a cigarette...that is hilarious! Thanks for the warm welcome today! I dont see you often enough. And for the record...I like my routine too!

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing picture you just painted-- I grinned my way through the whole thing... great post!