Thursday, June 11, 2009

Silence Is Loud

I've been riding the cycle into work for a number of years now. I just turned over 30,000 miles. One of the benefits is obviously saving $$ on gas. Our gas bill has drastically dropped. Just this past week I've noticed another benefit I never counted on.

I rarely listen to the radio anymore. When I use to drive the car the radio was always on. Now that I ride the bike I have a lot more mind time. No audible distractions. I find myself praying on the way to work and back home. It's really been great.

And I don't miss the radio. I'm so tired of listening to the same songs over and over again. When I was 13 that was fine but now that I'm an old man I need something new. Plus, as you know, I hate commercials.

We've been watching the Magic games this past week and when it gets to the commercials, I have to walk out (if Mama's got the remote) or pause the DVR for a few minutes while the commercial passes.

Anyway, back to silence. I love the sound of silence. To me there's no such thing as an awkward silence. Like this:



It's all good. If you've got nothing to say, you've got nothing to say.
Ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat.

Now, Wendy has a problem with that so she has to educate us about avoiding such situations:



I got one thing to say to Wendy: Shuddup already and quit messin' with my silence.
I leave you with the boys.


Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!

3 comments:

Stéphanie said...

1. guys who ride bikes are WAY COOLER.
2. I don't like silence, but I like reading another point of view. thanks for that!

patti said...

AMEN on the silence! My best thinking/praying times are in the car by myself. I relish the ride between campuses on the way to carpool where no one can get me or talk to me or need me. Its glorious. I GET why Jesus drew away from the crowds. And for the record, Im not comparing myself to Jesus here...(although I could....)

Anonymous said...

So you're the type standing in the back of the elevator huh?